What is the most unique quilt....

Last year I made a quilt out of 103 designer silk neckties. The customer gave them to me to use (he's a stock broker and has hundreds of Hermes designer ties) and left the design up to my imagination.

The finished quilt ended up being a Full/Queen size. My mom named it "Nautilus" because it looks like the shape of a nautilus shell.

After I sold it to the customer, he contacted Hermes and they have it hanging in the lobby of their corporate office in Manhattan, NY.

I'll try to attach a picture...

:-)

It is quilted using vertical and horizontal "H"s, and I came up with a continuous line pattern based on the company logo, for around the border. (Hard to see with this size photo)

Love the necktie quilt. Very clever.

Linda,

I'll have to take a picture this morning, as the customer is coming to pick it up. I'll have to wait to post it because I lost my cable for the computer. Need to get a new one.

Cheryl Mathre

Stone Creek Quilting

Sandy Hook, VA

I really loved the necktie quilt-beautiful color arrangement and the quilting design was well done! I had a customer make 2 bowtie quilts from silk neckties with the knots 3-dimensional. They were all set in Liberty of London fabric (white), They turned out nice. She also machine embroidered each person's name on the blocks-whoever gave her the ties...

Sue

Too many clever ideas out there...makes me want to go to my DSM and piece a top...

Love the bowties too. My dad wore bowties to work but I don't think my mom has kept them since he retired 15 years ago. Maybe, I should check since she is sort of a packrat.

Cheryl Mathre

Stone Creek Quilting

Sandy Hook, VA

Archived