advice

Guest Linda S

You know, I just finished an applique' quilt, and, as I was going along, being able to quilt without any ruler, I realized my very favorite tool of all time is the M&M Wheels. They rock!

I would start with just a few, like the Itty Bitty, a few Pantographs and just a couple of other things until you see what you like. I bought all sorts of Templates, which I didn't even use the 1st year I had them, but thought I had to have them now. Well I do use them now, but didn't then. I have my Quiltazoid, haven't used it much yet, but have a wholeclosth in mind to use it, I just need the time. It depends on how much money and time you have. I had the money and didn't have the time, so I bought what I thought I would need. Now I'm hopping to have the time, and some money, but I know I won't have as much for toys.

Basically Prioritize your list. I have started a list of this year I want xxx. It depends on which way my quilting has expanded that year. Last year I worked on feathers. So I pick a theme and go with it. Feathers involved everything from Drawing (Irena Bluhm) classes to painting motifs, etc. So mine are kind of broad.

Shirley

Archived