Anyone Quilt/Free Motion on Janome MC 6300?

HI,

Almost all of us on this forum quilt on our longarm quilting machines which are a whole different story than domestic sewing machines, I used to freemotion quilt on my Bernina 440, and most modern machines have the freemotion (drop the feeddogs) capabilities. I'd just give it a go and see how you go, or book into some freemotion quilting classes if you have any available where you are.

Good luck ....

Hi Janette! Well for me being somewhat a fresh sewer and just getting my machines, although that is my goal to own a long arm but that will have to wait awhile. I'll need to better my sewing skills first. Save for a couple years before I can purchase one.

How was your experience on your Bernina? How long have you been doing the free motion quilting?

I would probably guess that just about every person starts off like me, then the love of sewing hits them hard and they want to buy a long arm. Thanks for the advice.

I am planning to attend a trunk show and lecture Terry of Applepatch Designs later today here in Boulder City, all the while of Art in the Park happening this weekend too! It should be fun and interesting!!

Hi Anita,

As Janette said, this is a friendly forum of mainly longarmers and wannabees. Most of us are looking at DSM quilting in the rear-view mirror! I know I am happy about that and am a much better longarmer than I ever was a DSM quilter. That lack of success with the DSM lead me to a longarm.

If you want to learn to do free-motion on your domestic machine and need beginner instructions, look up

Sharon Schamber

Leah Day

Diane Gaudinski

Just use your search engine to find these DSM freemotion stitchers. They all either sell or share instructions for setting up your machine, setting up your work station, how to stabilize the quilt, and recommend their favorite notions to help in the process.

Congratulations on the start of your new adventure!

Archived