problem keeping PQ1500 tension

ebouchard

I've had a PQ1500 for a couple of years and it won't keep the right tension. Dealer says there is nothing wrong. I make one pass across quilt with large scallop then when I start the next row, its loopy. Nothing on machine touched between rows, just fabric repositioning.

Anyone got a suggestion? I'm at wit's end...

I've worn out both a 1300 and a 1500 so maybe I can help a little.

Are you by chance not realizing that you are hooking the tension dial with the back of your hand when you are moving the fabric....You mention loops, just like with our LA's if you are getting loops on the bottom and the bobbin thread is just laying there you have messed up the top tension wheel somehow....I've done it several times and that will really throw you off if you don't catch it right away. The tension wheel spins pretty easy with this machine....just rubbing the back of your hand under it will move it.

You don't mention what type of thread you are using....

Is the pressure foot dial on the top of your machine down enough so that the pressure foot is holding the fabric agains the pressure plate, so that the needle and the hook assembly can make a good contact and good stitch?

Do you have the correct tension on your bobbin case?

Are you getting a good stitch when you just sew or is this always?

Do you have a digital camera that you can send me photos of the dials as they sit right now and pictures of what you are working on.... drycreekqlts@msn.com is my email addy I will help out if I can.

Hi,

Are you sure that you have put down the pressure foot? It sounds like that might be the problem. Also, when you roll the quilt, are you keeping the same amount of tension on the fabrics as previously? You might have to adjust the height of the rolled fabric so it isn't either too loose (too high above the machine) or dragging on the machine.

Where are you located?

Char

Archived