HAPPY NEW YEAR! Question on pantos

Wishing everyone a happy and prosperous new year. Here's my question, when I am doing some panto designs, I find that some look easy but when you start quilting, it is very hard to follow. You know how some just flow when your quilting it? What are some of your favorite panto design?

I usually do a dry run with my finger or by using my machine lazar to follow the pattern whenever I get a new Panto before I actually stitch it out. If I find I'm hesitating to much in order to follow the pattern fluidally I will flip the pattern around to see if it is easier to follow, usually find it is easier. I'm right handed and feel some patterns just have a strong left hand flow and stitch out easier when I've flip the pattern around.

If all else fails I do use arrows.

I've got about a 100 pantos or more, all are favorites given the quilt top theme and pattern.

Just got some new panto's but only had time to stitch this one out so far. "One Cloudy Day" by Timeless Quilting..easy, flows nicely and really looks great. It's posted on my blog.

Listed are a few others my customers request often;

Calm Waters by Ann Bright

Heartsurfing by Ann Bright

Flying Paisley by Jodi Beamish

Plumage by Jodi Beamish

Novaya Zhizn by Beany Girl

Pretty Paisley by Beany Girl

Tickle by Beany Girl

Frothy Seas by Meadow Lyon

Techno by Hermion Agee

Whenever I post a quilt on my blog I try and post the backside showing the panto stitchout pattern or try and remember to say what the name of the panto pattern I used.

Terry

Archived