Charging for a grandmother's flower garden????

Hi all! I have a Grandmother's flower garden to quilt. We are thinking the CC's on it instead of SID.... (thank goodness!!) It is still going to be ALLOT of work. The quilt measures 75x94. That's a bunch of CC's!! I was thinking of charging .04-.045 PSI. Do you think that is too much? It is going to take me a long time to do all of those Hexegons!! ( I think that is what they are called, 6 sides) It's not that it will be hard, just taking a long time to get it all done. Thanks for your opinions!

GFG's are fun to quilt. If the hexies are 1 inch or less, that's a lot of CC's. If they are larger, it will be less time-consuming. But still, it's fairly easy mindless stitching. No fancy stuff --really the only problem is figuring a path for the least amount of starts and stops. It will be beautiful!

My personal opinion is that without SID, .045 is a bit high.;) But if you can get it, that will up your hourly nicely. And you will be the CC Queen when you finish!

I would say .04 but I am learning to give a range because I always end up underestimating the time it takes to do things. I might say between .04 & .05 depending on how quickly things go. There are surely a lot of seams to deal with. Like Linda that seems high with no SID but if those hexegons are 1" you will be at it for a long time. If you use a ruler then it will take a lot longer than if you free-hand it.

The hexegons are 1 1/2''. I will be using my Triple play ruler. I cannot get CC's to look good without it. This is a 1970's quilt . Her mom made it and she has died, so I don't want to just wing it on the CC's. I want them to be just right,using the ruler.I will tell her it will be at least .04. I will see how long it will take... I'm thinking I'm not going to want to do CC's for a long time after this one!:D thanks fot all of the input!! linda

Archived