Quilting Suggestions?

I just finished piecing this and would like to see how y'all might handle it. It is for my mother-in-law (yikes). All the fabrics were picked out by Sam (he's such a good kid). There is a picture attached but it is a simple square in square (4.5 inch center square is white) with a 2.5 in white sashing & cornerstones. The border is 1.5 inch blue, 2.5 inch squares and 5 inch blue border. Originally just thought an allover with white thread but that won't work in the borders. Oh, and its not a problem with the camera the white fabric is sparkly(sp?). The overall dimension: 97X97.

If it was me and you did not want to do an all over design. Do a panto in the middle and a seperate design into the borders.

I have one here that I am doing that to now, it is really fabulous (i know I cant spell).

Had a idea to take a picture of it, but my camera wont pick up enough of the quilt for you to see the diffrent pieces and the quilting.

I have had two customers come by and I had to ask them to step away so they dont get drowl on them.

Another idea would be to so an all over, but change the color of threads to match your boarders.

Good luck

Hi Donna

My thoughts would be to freehand a design to make the design pop! But then I 'm a freehand gal......

A motif in all the white squares that you could do continuously across each row with no stops & starts. The white sashings could be a diamond to assist in moving from one block to the next.....HOpe this picture comes out so that you can see what I mean. Please excuse the very poor mouse drawings VVBG

Hope this helps a little....

Tracey from Australia

www.constantinequilts.com

oops, the white line across the centre of the block design is there to show that you can stitch the top half of the design and carry over to the sashing & next block without breaking your thread then come back in the other direction to complete the bottom half of the row!!! It is not a stitching line.....

Cheers

Tracey

www.constantinequilts.com

Tracey - What a great design you've come up with for this quilt. Can I send you pics of each of mine for design help? LOL My greatest challenge right now is converting my design ideas into continuous form. Your white line was a "lightbulb" moment for me! Thank you for helping Donna with this and vis-a-vis turning on the light for me!

sammi

Archived