I need to know how to turn a corner with the rope design on the Rns Boards

Email Ron and ask. Their addy is on the website. Last time I talked to them they hadn't figured out a corner connector for the rope board. Popular solutions are making the corner a separate block and stitching a Celtic-knot type design to mimic the rope motif. You can also trace the last few "S-es" on paper, draw the adjacent starting "S-es" and hand-draw a pleasing fan shape, echoing the shapes of the top curves. Once you have a good design, make a freezer paper stencil and use chalk or marker to mark it. Then it will need to be freehanded. Of course, save the precious design with your board for re-use. I'll see if I can draw something for you....

Thanks Linda,

I read your email and decided the easiest thing would be to just make special corners. So I did three nested circles with a feathered wreath inside each one, to mimic the feathered wreaths in the negative spaces in the quilt. You cannot really see them because the fabric is too busy, but it makes a good transistion. I appreciate your feedback.

Originally posted by cantresh

Thanks Linda,

I read your email and decided the easiest thing would be to just make special corners. So I did three nested circles with a feathered wreath inside each one, to mimic the feathered wreaths in the negative spaces in the quilt. You cannot really see them because the fabric is too busy, but it makes a good transistion. I appreciate your feedback.

sounds lovely.....pictures?

I'll post pics when I pull it off of the machine. She wanted cross hatch in the star blocks, and behind the feathered wreaths, so it is taking me a while. I'm worried that it is going to be too dense with the quilting in the center, with the rope border being a bit loose. So far, it is really looking good! Just kills my back though. Can't work on it for very long at a time.

Archived