Lithium white grease for lubrication?

Needledance, How long have you had your machine and which model? Welcome to our forums!!

You should call APQS to verify, but it's my understanding that the lithium grease is just for packing the gear box and should NOT be used elsewhere on the machine. Clear machine oil is used to lubricate the hook assembly. The wheels should not require lubrication - if you are having issues with the wheels, they may need to be adjusted or replaced.

Thanks, Barb. I'm just taking my Ultimate I out of mothballs since I last used it in May, 2002. I'm working on a list of questions that I will probably end up calling APQS tech service about anyway. I was in Idaho (almost Washington) last summer visiting my cousin. Her cabin nestles into the side of a mountain, that if one could hike directly over it to the other side, one would be in Washington. She's in Tensed, about an hour south of Coeur d"Alene.

"Oh wind, if Winter comes, can Spring be far behind?"...P.B. Shelley

This is a beautiful part of the country - if you ever get back here, I've got a guest room -- and a Millie in my basement!:P

Seriously, if you have any questions about your Ult I, APQS is the best! And these forums are a great place to share, ask questions, post quilt pics, etc. Welcome!

Archived