chainstitching to zippered leaders

I believe that is one of the machines that does the chain stitch. There is a great web site for information, www.tandtrepair.com . I emailed this guy with questions about these machines and he was very helpful. You might check with www.craigslist.com they are not as easy to find there as ebay, but you don't have to bid, and if people are wanting to get rid of them, and don't realize how treasured they are to us...you might get a better deal. You are sure to be able to pick one up at a garage sale...Just make sure they have the chainstitch plate and parts. The manual you can get from the internet - just print it out - don't pay another $20 for it.

Good luck, let us know what you get.

Mary Beth

One more thing I forgot to add....if you check craigslist...just search for sewing machines. Usually those who are selling don't know what they have they just want rid of it. Also, be sure to check with local sewing machine repair men that work from home. (You know - they have a business just like ours). I found a guy on craigslist that repairs and sell sewing machines, in our area, just because he likes to tinker. I know he ships to people in other areas so if you can't find what you are looking for, I know he has 2 or 3.

Archived