Digitizing for CQ Workshop

quiltingtina

Hi all. I'm just wondering if any one here is planning to take Suzanne Moreno's workshop at SD Stitches in January. I really want to go. I'm trying to figure out how to bribe my mother into travelling with me to tend to my two little boys while I learn.

Also, if I do attend, I may have to skip MQX.

Decisions, decisions, decisions.....

Tina

Barb,

Have fun on your Cruise! I just can't seem to go on a cruise...I think I watched to many Jacque Croustes (sp) TV specials on the ocean...to many things I wouldn't want to meet up with:)

I am planning on going to the workshop in January...looking forward to learning everything I don't know which is just about everything:D

Cheryl Mathre

Stone Creek Quilting

Sandy Hook, VA

Hi everyone this is the first time I've posted anything so be gentle. I am also going to the January class, and the class the day before. I know nothing so am really counting on learning alot. I just hope it soaks in. I will really be glad to meet you ladies in person. I've read all your posts for months. I have a milli with a CQ. I figured if I was going to jump in I might as well jump in all the way. Now I just have to learn it all.

See you in January

Paula

• 2 weeks later...

Hello and Merry Christmas,

The January Digitizing for CompuQuilter Workshop is full, and there are a couple of open spots in the February workshop. To answer your question, Tina, many of the people who have registered for the workshop post on this site, including some dealers.

Just a reminder, this workshop includes training on using your CompuQuilter. The day before the digitizing training begins, we have added 4-bonus hours of training at no additional cost. Then, after two days of digitizing training, students will spend another full day stitching designs they have digitized as well as some of the most outstanding professionally digitized designs available to practice using CompuQuilter's creative features. With this workshop you will be digitizing and using your CompuQuilter right away to offer computerized quilting to customers. :) If you have any questions or want more information you can always contact me.

Warm Regards,

-Suzanne Moreno

Digitizing for CompuQuilter Instructor

cqdigi@charter.net

Hi Tammie,

Both workshops are almost full. The January class has one opening and the February class has 2 openings. Thanks for asking . . . . and for being so excited. There's a great bunch of students coming, and I know we'll have fun while learning. I'm really looking to forward to the workshops too. Anyone interested can still contact me.

- Warm Regards,

Suzanne Moreno :cool:

cqdigi@charter.net

• 2 weeks later...

I will also be attending the class in January and can't wait. I also look forward to meeting everyone. I have not posted for a while because I have been so busy quilting and loving it. I have a question for everyone.....if a customer ask you to sew their quilt together and then quilt it how much an hour would you charge for sewing it together?

See you all soon!

Pat :)

Hi Pat and Everyone,

Yes, its getting close to the time for the Digitizing Workshop and I'm excited too ! Pat, I have charged between $12 - 20 per hour. The price has varied depending on the actual piecing and the total job they want. I give discounts for regular customers and certain add-on services. The other thing I've done is sub-contract the piecing to another customer who is an excellent quilter, and we have traded her service for longarm quilting she wants me to do. When I've done that, I charge the customer who wants the piecing done the exact amount per hour that the other quilter is getting in credit towards her quilting service. That works great - everyone is happy :)

I'll see you at the workshop and I know I'll enjoy meeting all of you,

- Suzanne Moreno :cool:

cqdigi@charter.net

• 2 weeks later...

HOW I wish I could join you all for this workshop. Having spent one-on-one time with Suzanne, I just know you'll be "gobsmacked" at the knowledge she is going to share with you! Suzanne has made digitizing for CQ her specialty and we can all benefit. She's made all the mistakes so we don't have to!

I can't wait to see the quality of work that these gals will be able to accomplish when they come back from the class.

If any of you are online during the class, please do give us a report about the workshops, the new CQ headquarters, the after hours shenanigans etc.

Archived