Dolly's quilt...

Dolly brought me a sweet tshirt quilt for her grandson... I didn't get a pic of the whole thing, but it was the friendliest quilt I've ever had... Not just the borders, but the sashing was full and when it was finished, (she didn't want quilting in the t shirts) even the t shirts were a bit full... So, here's some pics of the before's and afters... I used breadboard and roman keys..

post--13461908477999_thumb.jpg

So, all in all it came out ok... Dolly is such a sweet little old gal who's quilting journey has just begun... I directed her to my friend Karen at the LQS for some lessons on sashings and borders... With luck she'll become a good customer!

Great job!! What do you use to guide or make your lines so nice and even? You did a wonderful job. I love it.

I will be in Paducah. If I see you there I will give a "yell" to you.

I need to get my picture on here sometime. Thanks

Thanks

Thanks Heidi! Yes, it does surprise me how things can be quilted out... I hope the "newbies" take note... it's really not all that hard...

@Janice - I wish I could say that I "mark" an inch between each line, but no - I just eyeball... they aren't all perfect - however the "eye" sees them as equal...

Archived