want to take my sewing machine camping

I want to take my Bernina 630 camping with us in our trailer soon. Does anyone know if it would be okay to run the machine off our trailer that is being powered by a generator? In the past I have taken old, noncomputerized machines, but would rather piece with my Bernina.

You should be fine, just make sure to run a surge protector as it is more likely to happen with the generator. I have with no problem, except for my hubby not being happy. He has claimed the camper a new sewing machine zone. I can hand sew, etc all I want, but have to leave the machine at home. He has a point. I sew enough at home. I always have something else to take anyway.

Shirley

Shirley, thanks for the tip on taking a surge protector. Will do!

My DH won't complain as we are going "camping" so he can race his motocross bike. He's in an "Over The Hill Gang" motocross group that races a lot in the summer. So, I keep him happy and go with him, and he keeps me happy by letting me sew :) But I'm sure there will be an occasional comment or two from his friends that I'm taking over the trailer now, too! :)

Happy wife, happy life, so they say!

Archived