??? panto vision

Hi,

Pantovision is a new way to do pantographs from the front of the machine. A computer tablet is mounted on the front, either the top or one of the handles. It is connected to the stitch regulator encoder so it can tell where you are on the quilt top. The pattern is displayed on the tablet. A crosshair is displayed on the tablet and the pattern floats behind it as you follow the lines of the pantograph.

ABM is the manufacturer and is the only company that makes this.

They have put it on other machines besides the Innova. Not sure which ones yet, but you can call them to find out. There is a website for the Innova and there are videos on youtube.

I have it on my Innova, haven't used it much as the quilt I'm doing now is a lot of sid work.

I tried panto vision at MQX and there was a bit of a learning curve to follow the line but it came pretty quickly for me. This is much different than the bobbin cam. You can actually download the design file onto the tablet and then enlarge, reduce, change, etc. then stitch it out. It was pretty cool. The bobbin cam only allows you to follow the paper pantograph you load on the back.

Pantovision is very cool and like Heidi said there is a learning curve. I ordered mine last December. The gentleman at the booth said they are working on it and hope to have for APQS machines soon. According to Kandi who I spoke with last week, it's still not ready yet.

I talked to the guy at Paducah yesterday and I asked about it, he said he thought they would be putting it on the testers machine in the sometime in the next two weeks. I thought it was really cool. Alot better than working from the back of the machine, which I don't do. So hopefully they will have it soon.

I saw a demo and did a bit of driving at MQX East. It's great for resizing motifs to place in blocks as well as the pantos. You don't have to buy their tablet either so you have 2 price options. It looked pretty cool, just a learning curve as your hands/arms/shoulder are angled differently from the front so following the line was not as easy as I thought it would be. Expect after a couple hours practice all would be good. I like the idea.

Archived