Help! How do I adjust encoder wheel with Bliss?

Hi!

I'm having stitch regular issues after Bliss has just been installed and I cannot figure out how to adjust the encoder wheel so it fits a little more snug to the M&M wheel. I noticed when I move the machine head the little rubber encoder wheel does not always move with the M&M wheel. Shouldn't it make contact all the time? Any suggestions??

Any help would be appreciated! I searched the forum and haven't found this exact topic (yet!).

Pat here is a copy of the reply from Dawn in that thread.

"Actually you do have the little black wheel on your bliss, it is just a bit harder to see. It is up under the carriage, behind the plate you will see when you look into the back of the carriage where the electrical connection is made. You will see the large silver bearing wheel that runs along the bliss rod on your back rail. The encoder wheel is resting up on top of the silver wheel.

First check to see that there is not a little glazing on the large silver wheel from the friction of the rubber wheel against it. Use a soft cloth to wipe the big silver wheel off (if you have a helper, you may be able to slide the machine all the way forward, and the helper can actually lift up the carriage--and machine--so that you can rub off the wheel). In addition , you will then be able to reach the rubber wheel with a little contortion, and check to see that it is not slipping on the shaft of the encoder. Turn the little rubber wheel by hand, and see if you get some resistance between the rubber wheel and the big silver one. There will be a little set screw on the collar of the rubber wheel that keeps it in place on the shaft. Make sure that is tight.

If these fixes don't isolate the problem, let me know and we will figure it out!"

Loosen the large bolt under the big wheel where your encoder wheel is situated. Then push the black encoder box closer to your larger M&M wheel to make better contact. Tighten the bolt under the wheel again. Let me know if we can help! "

Thank you both Lyn and Vickie! The adjustment I did was the "large bolt under the big wheel", seems to be OK last night but I have been at work and not able to quilt today. I didn't know about the other encoder so I'll file this in case it needs more adjusting.

I appreciate your help - I knew someone out there would have answers!!!

Archived