Help! New Bliss Rails - machine 'catching'

I've had the Bliss rails for a few weeks and love it, however while I'm quilting tonight as I move the machine it is 'catching' in about the same vertical spot (as I move the machine vertically, if that makes sense). It doesn't always do this, just sporadically. It's not a hard catch, but enough to make a 'bump' in my stitches and cause a little frogging.

I've checked for thread underneath that it might be catching on, cords, anything in the wheels. I don't see anything that could be hanging it up. Does anyone have suggestions???

Thanks for any ideas offered!!!

Sorry you are having some trouble.

If it's catching when stitching vertically, it must be from the carriage wheels and not the Bliss rails. Check and clean the wheels again and wipe the rails. You say it's sporadic, but is it always in the same position from back to front and also side to side? If it's always in the same spot, go the the back and push the head through the bad spot. Try to find where the bump/hump happens and look all over for the culprit. Is the SR affected when this happens or is it just a physical bump? Vertically it's hard to catch something, but horizontally it could be the cord interfering. Hope you find the culprit soon--frogging is no fun!

I did clean the carriage & wheels better and it seemed to help some. But I think the culprit may have been some pins I had in the sashing. I didn't notice them catching, but it's hard to see under the quilt while moving the machine around. I took them out as I started to quilt in that particular area and it hasn't caught so far. I got two blocks done with no catches so hopefully that's all it was! Maybe a couple of pins had a bit of a curve in them to cause them catching on the machine.

My, we sure get spoiled easily with Bliss, don't we? Thanks for you help!!!

That's good to know Julie. I'm going to double-check everything again tonight after work and see if I've missed anything.

I had pins in thruout the quilt and never had a problem so I don't know why it would start hanging up towards the end. The quilt isn't that large to have "grown" on the roll to cause drag. But like you said, it's very sensitive.

Thanks for your input!

Archived