Calling all newbies - MQX West in October

Guest Linda S

Guest Linda S

If you've recently got your machine and are getting the hang of free motion, you might want to sign up for my "Basics and a Few Tricks" class which will be offered Friday morning at MQX in October (Portland, OR). During the class, I will load and quilt a small quilt with borders, sashing, and four blocks - applique', piecing, one blank for stenciling and one blank for back ground fill. We'll go over templates, rulers, stitch in the ditch, frogging, pantos, squaring, wavy borders . . . just about the whole nine yards.

The class is based on the best learning experience of my longarm career -- watching Renae Haddadin quilt a customer quilt in the A! booth at Innovations several years ago in Tacoma. Just watching her, I learned to do several things in ways I had not considered doing them before, found easier ways to accomplish certain tasks, and got a good list of resources for things I might need in my studio. I'll offer you several ways to do different things. I've taught this class several times and it's been very highly rated each time. I'd love to meet you all and give you some tips to start you on your longarm obsession! :)

• 2 months later...
Guest Linda S

I'm bumping this up, as MQX West is barely a little more than a month away! I forgot to mention that I've been taking classes at MQX every year since 2005. I have family on Cape Cod, so I do usually go back to MQX East each year. I've learned lots of tips to share with you all. The class would be good for newbies or quilters who just want to learn some tricks to make using a longarm a little easier!

Guest Linda S

I should be back east for MQX East in the spring (April). I didn't put in any proposals to teach in the spring, just coming to enjoy the show and maybe sight see. It may be my last trip back east, as my sister who lives on the Cape is planning to move west next year. I'm originally from Connecticut, but just about the whole family is out here now.

Guest Linda S

I'd also like to mention that, because I'm in a time slot that has a couple of newbie classes in it, I seem to have very low enrollment at this time. This means you'd be assured of a lot of individualized attention if you take my class. :)

Linda, Anna,(Annaquilts) and I will be at MQX west. We are part of the silly Ohio quilters special exhibit at the show. The exhibit is the Bargello quilts we made this past spring Anna posted pictures of them on the forum. It is called The Great Bargello Project. I think we may even have to get up at the banquet and talk LOL. I am looking forward to meeting you in person and anyone else we can hook up with from the forum.

Guest Linda S

That will be fun, Chris. I can't wait to see the quilts - I remember you posting some photos. I think we should start thinking about an APQS Dinner again - maybe I should start that on another thread. I'm thinking Thursday night would be good, since the fashion show has been cancelled. I can't wait to meet you gals.

Archived