New Years News

I wanted to share with you some lovely news I got over the past week - the first magazine project I've ever designed was published in the Winter issue of A Needle Pulling Thread magazine. I had a wild experience that came from walking into my local grocery store and finding the magazine there, on the rack...kind of twilight zone, but in a good way!

It's a machine quilting project (surprise, surprise) for domestic machine quilters, but is quite do-able for us, too (I did the magazine samples both on my domestic and my Milli). It's a little angel wall hanging for a welcome banner. I hope people like it, and will make it.

Thanks for listening!

Lisa Thiessen

That is really cool. It's exciting isn't it. I've just handed over my first project for a magazine, they are going to photograph it next week. Hopefully it will be out in March, but it doesn't seem realy yet. I guess that moment when you see it for sale does the tric for making it real?

I can't believe the people who I 'meet' online. I've found so many people I know by name from their various writings.

I hope this will just be the first of many, well done.

Ferret

Hi Ferret -

It's one of those things that had lots of ups and downs for me... I wrote the pattern and made the samples for it back in July, the photos were done in August - I kept it under my hat until it came out, too, as I had other things coming out and thought I'd announce them all at the same time. It feels like a long process, but I know it's standard lag-time for the industry. Working with Carla at the magazine was great. It did take seeing what they had done with the photos and everything, having it in print to make it come home as real!

It was fun, though, and I'll do it again gladly at the next opportunity!

Good luck with your work, too.

L

Archived