Technical Support

I struggled for two days running metallic thread in my machine. After realizing that I had exhausted everything I knew of to resolve my problem I decided to call APQS for support. Within 5 minutes Dawn was able to trouble shoot and resolve my problem. By putting a thread net over the cone of thread it stopped twisting as it moved down the thread path. No more broken thread. I'm kicking myself for not calling sooner. The best part is that Dawn and the rest of the staff always do it with a smile and never make me feel incompetent. Thank you, Thank you!! You are the best!!:)

I hope the resolution to my problem will help others.

Marci: I don't know about a piece of nylon working. I got my thread net from Superior Threads when I ordered thread. Be sure to use a 4.5 needle, slow down and only go thru 1 hole on the thread guide above the tension disc. If you have any trouble APQS will help you. I only know about Superior metallic thread, others may be different.

Originally posted by whitepinesquilter

I don't have thread nets, but could a cut piece of a nylon work? Just curious as I have a wall hanging coming up that I'm going to use metallic on. I have not used metallic in my quilting yet so I'm a little nervous and glad you posted about this!

Yes it will work. Ardelle also suggested using a tubular gauze bandage, that works well too.

Archived