Thank you APQS, new M & M's are on and timing done!

Wow I cant believe how much difference the M & M wheels make. I am over the moon. Hubby put on the new wheels (with my assistance of course) and I watched Amy's video and re - timed my ultimate 1, replaced the bobbin case and rejigged my tension top and bottom and I must say I have a new machine.... I didnt realise how worn the old wheels were until now.

The wheels are awesome they make such a difference. My machine is second hand which I bought only 2 months ago for those that don't know and I was quietly a little frustrated as I felt it should be easier to move etc... lots of research, joined the forum asked some questions, checked out some old posts and got some answers.. How cool is that! LOL

Thank you Apqs for making such a great machine and providing exceptional (international) customer service, I cant wait to produce my first ever quilt from start to finsh....

regards Sharz

Guest Linda S

Yeah Sharz! Those wheels are great, aren't they? I really like the way the machine moves with them on. I don't know what kind of wheels your machine came with, but back when I bought mine, it still had those orange composite ones on it. I threw them into my tool box when I changed to the next generation and shudder every time I open that drawer and see them! :blink: They do remind me though, of how very nicely my machine moves now! Enjoy quilting!

They do move incredibly smooother, I had the composite worn out brown wheels as well, such a difference, but now I have run out of bobbins and need to wait for them in the post. I discovered this weekend the bobbin winder that came with the machine needs some TLC :(

regards Sharz

if you cant find me I am in the bat cave quilting

Hi Lyn,

I am in Melbourne and would love to purchase some M & M Wheels, for my Milly, do you have any in stock or do I have to order from US, wish I had checked this site before Adelaide

as it seems I coulkd have met a few of you nice ladies. I was talking to Tracey today and she recommends I try thiese new wheels.

Lyn - Thankyou, I was very lucky and had some in the post in 2 days, just in time for the weekend. I was reading about the magna glide, I wasnt sure that they would be suitable for the Ult 1 but I will try them.

Dawn - Thank you and I am very greatful for this wonderful site.

Mandy - Welcome, you will find some fabulous advise and informaiton on this site. Lyn will be able to assist you with the M&Ms (I ordered mine direct from US before I knew Lyn could assist) You will love them they are fantastic.

Everyone - I finally decided no more skipping around the bush and load a top I have had sitting there waiting patiently (no more doggy blankets in the making). It is black and yes alas I found out what bearding is :(Nevermind I said to myself as long as I stook the next step and quitled a real quilt). I have read that hopefully once I wash it it may be ok, but I am not so sure as it is quite bad. I used the bamboo batting as I always do as I love how soft it is and being a renewable natural fibre, but I have never used it wiht black before. I wondered why you could get the wadding in black...Ah well I know for next time. I shall post next week when finished, it doesnt bother me its not perfect as it is my very first quilt from start to finish :))

Archived