Brand new at this

My new Millie arrived Tuesday as promised and is completely set up and working. The manual and DVD were wonderful and we encountered no problems and did the job in about 4 hours. (DH was very happy about this). This forum has been so helpful and I have much to learn. Thanks everyone and I'm not as intimidated as I thought I would be. Of to practice.

I will always remember the day my DH and I drove to Carroll and picked up my machine. When we drove home it looked like a casket coming out of the back of the pickup about 6 feet!! He was as excited as I was and we immediately put it together. It was really a dream come true, so when I hear of others just getting their machine, I immediately "recall the thrill of it all!" Best of luck with your machine and happy quilting!

We had a bit of trouble getting my machine together. Even sheered off one of the screws on the bottom of the machine. My DH was thinking laungage that would make a sailor blush...he may have even let one or two slip...that is when I would leave the room to go get something - anything. Once we figured it out it was no problem to move it up 2 floors to the upstairs from the basement...guess what....we are in the process of moving it back to the basement. At least we have the process down now. Congratulations on your new Millie. You are going to love it. Have fun.

Mary Beth

We are hoping to not have to ever dismantle this machine but have saved all boxes and will have the great manual. Cudos to the technical writer at APQS. I retired from an aerospace company and our work instructions were very detailed and similar to the details and pictorials in the manual. Also, for us newbies, the lessons in the book are so important to master. Off to practice some more.

Archived