project management software

I purchased this software to manage all of my books at Innovations this year.

It is very user friendly, & I can pull reports of any kind, & customize my "Drop Down Lists" to suit my needs.

You can check it out on-line at www.eurekadocumentation.com

It is a very "Kool" program! :cool:

Guest Linda S

The Quilter's Business Manager Software is great! You can even store a picture of each quilt along with all your notations. The software is easy to use and has every detail taken into considertation.

Linda

I have not seen or used the software, but I hear it is good. I am hoping soon to be able to get mine.... I have asked Santa for EQ5 and the Eureka Software.

In the meantime, the idea I came up with was to get a large dry erase board and put it up on my wall. Have the list of quilts and what needed to be done to them on there. If you dont want to pay for the expense boards you can just get some large white paper laminated at Kinko's or Office Max.

Now, the bravery is that everytime you are in your sewing room it will be there on the wall for you to look at, some people may not want that much stress staring them in the face. Others, like myself, could find it motivating.

I was planning on using it to have my own personal UFO's on it as well. I was down to three, but I have added a few more and I can't think of them all right now.

Blessings and hugs,

Tracey

I have the dry erase board and that's nice to have where I can easily see the list of quilts waiting to be done but when it gets to where you have several months wait time, they may not all fit on the board.

I keep a word document on my computer and I update and print it every Monday. It is a listing of quiltings that a scheduled. I have no dates on there just numbers by names. Then at the bottom, I have openings listed. I keep this on my BB next to my computer so when someone calls, I can easily see when my next opening is. If they want that opening, I write their name in that slot and then on the following Monday, when I update the list, their name is added to the numbered list and that empty spot is deleted. It works like this -- the one that I would print for next week:

November 29, 2004.

1. Sally W.

2. Deborah L.

3. Betty C.

4. Betty C.

5. Diana K.

6. Mary Catherine B.

(and the list goes on for as long as I have people booked)

July:

Sepember:

Because I have 2 openings in July and 2 in September, they are listed as shown.

Hope this makes sense!

Right now I use index cards. I can put them on my wall, or thak them with me. I have a weekly meeting with myself away from my home (usually breakfast somewhere with a wireless connection). This gives me a chance to review my week and project without distractions and interuptions. My problem is that I loose track of prioroties. I'll check out the softeware. Thanks.

Archived