Bobbins - Aluminum vs. Metal

I wind my own bobbins most of the time. 've been using the metal bobbins, that is until yesterday. I decided to try using a few of the aluminum bobbins and found that I really like them. It seems like the bobbin holds more thread, it ismuch easier to get the tension just right, and my machine seems to like them better. The only problem is that I have 5 aluminum bobbins and only one of them has the notch for the thread. I'll have to check, but I think that I can get them from APQS with the notch for the thread.

What is your preference for bobbins that you wind? Aluminum or metal? Why do you prefer one over the other?

Debbi

Hi Debbie,

I just ordered 10 Aluminum Bobbins from APQS along with some other supplies the other day. So, I was glad to read your impressions of these fairly new type of bobbins. I have heard some of the same positive comments as yours. I will let you know how I like them compared to the metal ones I have now. I sure don't like to think of replacing all the bobbins I have--so, it will definitely have to be a detectable improvement with the Aluminum for me to reinvest in bobbins. Thank you for telling us your impressions so far.

Archived