proper table height

Hello Group!

I am a I week old Millennium owner (yeah) and am thrilled beyond description with my purchase.

I have found the wealth of information on the site totally amazing. I have been like so many other newbies just soaking it up like a sponge. I located a 2 year old Millie on this very chat from a delightful quilter barely 10 miles from my home. She and her husband delivered the Millie and set her up in my home . Quilters are THE BEST! After a week of playing and making minor adjustments to the carriage wheels it has been terrifically smooth sailing.

The question I have for you all is regarding the proper height of the table. How much of your work area directly behind the needle should you be able to see when you are holding the handles in front of the machine? I am tall and I think first I had the machine too low and wonder if I should raise it more yet. Your input would be helpful.;)

Lisas,

Congratulations, you will love your Millie!! I have one too. The proper height will depend on what you want...I have found - for me - that when I stood by the end of the table; held my arms at a 90 degree angle to the cross bar that connects the back legs to the front legs; that works for me, but you will need to do what works for you.

Congratulations !!!

Hold on cause your in for the ride of your life. I've had my machine ( a Green Millenium, AKA " Bodie McGhee") for just under 6 months, An it still feels like Christmas morning evertime I work on it. You're gonna love it!!!

I too am tall (6 foot) and my machine is set really high. I use a saddle stool most of the time, but I like my work right in my face.

Make it comfortable for you. Everyone is differant. Just go with what feels right.

Congratulations Again.

Laura

Hi to the rest of the tall women in this group!

I'm 6 feet as well, most of it legs, and have my machine set about as high as it will go. Mary Beth's suggestion to have your arms at 90 degrees is probably the easiest to measure, and probably about what I have mine set for. Have fun!

Beth

Thank you all for your input on the proper table height. We raised it up 2 inches and I think 1 more inch and it will be perfect. I can hardly wait each day for my time to work with my Millie.

This morning I did my first 'real' quilt. A 45x60 donation for Project Linus. It turned out just beautiful with great tension and nice loop -t-loops all over for the little boy train fabric to follow.;) I was so anxious to to try something other than the plain muslin I was working on. This way I will still get to practice but it can be used and not wasted. I don't think the children will notice if there is a little wobble here or there.

Have a wonderful day. Keep stitching!.

Lisa::D

Archived