bobbin winder

Hello everyone, this is regarding my turbo bobbin winder.  What can I do to make the thread feed evenly onto the bobbin?  My tension is great, but as the thread "rolls" from the cone onto the bobbin -  the thread feeds on an angle with more thread going on one side of the bobbin than the other.  I tap the thread with my finger as it winds and it will move to fill the space but as soon as I stop, the thread goes back to filling more on one side than the other.  Any thoughts?

thanks,

This is what Dawn just said in another post where someone else was having issues with uneven winding:

'As for your turbo winder, to adjust how evenly the thread winds on the bobbin, you'll need to adjust the eye of the thread guide hole on the right side of the tensioner to center it better in the bobbin. If the thread is winding too high close to the winder housing, bend that thread guide eye slightly outward away from the winder housing. Conversely, if it's winding too high on the outer edge of the bobbin, push the eye back toward the winder housing again.'

Hope this helps!

Hmm, I think I don't understand what "the eye of the thread guide hole on the right side of the tensioner" is or maybe where it is.....I wound a bunch of bobbins moving the top high thread guide around in different places and didn't seem to help.....(figures that it would take 4 bobbins before I figured that one out!!) 

The always technologically challenged.....

When the thread comes out of the tensioner on the bobbin winder there is a hole in a guide it goes through.  On the new machines it has three holes on the older turbo winders it only had one hole. This guide can be bent closer to the winder to put more thread on the inside of the bboin or bent out if the outside of the bobbin is not getting the thread. 

Ie the hole in this guide is not centred on the bobbin being wound.

Archived