2004 Millennium for Sale--Central Iowa

Posting for a Friend:

Fully loaded APQS Millennium Quilting Machine, 10-foot table, 2004 model with fingertip controls on mushroom handles.

Perfect for quilters who don't have room for a large table but want to enjoy the benefits of a wonderful APQS stitch-regulated machine!

Features:

*Stitch Regulator

*Lower Thread Cutter

*Electronic Horizontal and Vertical Channel Locks

*Two-position Needle Positioner

*On-Board Bobbin Winder

*Needle Up/Down

*Power Fabric Advance

*M & M Wheels

*Soft Mount Axles

*Separate Bobbin Winder included

Accessories:

*Hartley Fence/Circle Maker ($595 value)

This machine has recently had a full spa treatment at the APQS factory and received a clean bill of health. Stitches beautifully! Great Machine that has been extremely well maintained.

Asking Price: $11,000

Local delivery may be possible, depending on buyer location. For more information, email:

billd@netins.net

I am the husband of the friend Dawn posted this for. I thought I would add some photos to the mix here.

Being a former auto tech (mechanic) and all-around mechanical junkie, I have maintained this machine and kept thing running smoothly (not that this takes any real work on these machines). It has been back to APQS when necessary for upgrades, and when it was time for more advanced routine service. We have pretty much told them to "do whatever" in each case, so it has some of the upgrades some similar machines of this age might not have. I have also upgraded the wheels - what a difference.

In one photo you might notice I added a spindle on the side so that my wife could run thread that should unwind straight off the side of the spool and not pulled from the top. This kept certain threads from winding, or unwinding as they came off the spool. Simple, but effective.

As her studio is in a fully finished basement, this machine has never seen extremes of climate - it's always been at the same temperatures and humidities that we appreciate, and has never seen water or dampness.

quilting-machine_1.jpg

quilting-machine_6.jpg

quilting-machine_7.jpg

quilting-machine_8.jpg

Please email us with any questions.

Depending on where you live, delivery and even setup could be included or handled for a reasonable fee.

That part is open for discussion.

** I will disassemble and pack for shipping.

*Shipping at buyers expense* if outside of our area.

-> I will include the disasembly and packing/crating and getting it ready to ship. I have experience shipping large, heavy and electronic items around the world.

Thanks for looking.

Just bringing this back up to the top. If you're looking for a great previously-owned machine it top condition, I can personally vouch for this one...it's well maintained and would be perfect for that quilter who's short on space and looking for an affordable machine. 

It would also be a super way to add another machine to an existing operation...add the Quilt Path to it and computerize your quilting!

• 1 month later...

Just a helpful hint for those interested in this machine (at a great price too!)

Contact the owner personally. His email address is in the first post.

Busy lives can keep people away from the forum, but everyone reads their email almost daily.

This way, you have a personal contact with them and they don't need to log-on or remember their password to reply.

Did I mention what a great price this is? My Millie is the same year and she's a great machine!  :)

Thank you, Linda.  Yes, it's still for sale.

Amen on the busy - now with spring here (or is it?) outside chores come into play. I run a busy car forum so sometimes get torn or run out of time before covering all bases - but like was said, email is a common thing - ties it all together.

If you are interested, I might suggest not waiting too long as whether it was the snow storm pushing folks back inside, or their tax refunds have arrived, all of a sudden multiple emails come in.

They are good machines - if it was a car I'd say it was a "reliable workhorse" and with these forums here I suspect finding answers to questions related to the machines, or machine quilting in general, would be an easy matter. I'm impressed as to how busy this site is.

This is going to sound really crazy - especially since I am supposed to know all about measurements, down into the ten-thousandths of an inch. And for a hobby, I have a wood shop above my auto shop where quite often I work with 4x8 sheets of plywood, and yet something we've had in the quilting room since 2004..........something I've had a tape measure to many dozens of times as we measure quilts....

We were talking to someone about the machine the other day and started talking about the largest quilt we've had on this machine, how easily or not it might handle large quilts. I said "I know I've put on king size - at times a shade more, and Barbara said yes, the last one on the machine was 114" x 107" 

Let's see, 10 feet is 120 inches. Account for the space the machine itself takes sitting off to one far end, and that quilt went on with a little to spare. So it made me think - how did I put on a 114" quilt, and have more than 6" left on each end?  Something's not right here, not at all. So tonight it started bugging me badly - I walked over to the back of the machine and looked where you put those patterns she follows sometimes, there's a ruler attached to the edge of the table. I know where exact center is as the two clear sheets of plastic that cover those patters meet exactly half way. Uh, Bill, what's 72" ? Is that not 6 feet? What's 6 times 2?

You've got to be kidding. Staring in disbelief, I grabbed my trusty tape measure, as a result, I sit red-faced typing a correction.

It's TWELVE feet, not 10. I guess I have been so used to it being called 10, and not really putting 2 and 2 together when I put big quilts on and they fit ok, hardly ever was any hassle to speak of.

So if anyone was put off by the table being 10 feet - it's actually 12'. Somewhere over time we apparently fed it well and it grew 2' (or do we say 2/3 of a yard in here? Wonder what they'd say at the Woodsmith Store if I went in asking for 2/3 of a yard of oak?).

At least it didn't shrink! Since we aren't selling it by the foot, nothing else changes, but for the same money, we'll toss in the extra 2'.

Archived