Installed Leadergrips on my Next Gen Millie

Great job!  After seeing your pics I remembered why I didn't like the Leader Grips.  It was the shrink wrap on the dowels.  It didn't hold up...they "flopped" all the time and it annoyed the heck out of me.  Thanks for showing how to do your casings because that's exactly how to do the Red Snappers too. 

I, too, have the leadergrips, and I remember Oma saying she had issues with the wooden dowel connections.  So when I put mine on I went and purchased round plastic tubing/hose at Farm Fleet to use instead of the dowels.  The ends had an ever so slight curl to them for some time, but it never interfered with attaching a quilt. I had the tubing cut to the length of the leaders, also, so they are all in one piece.  Just thought I'd add that in in case someone still is planning on using leadergrips.

Great job!  After seeing your pics I remembered why I didn't like the Leader Grips.  It was the shrink wrap on the dowels.  It didn't hold up...they "flopped" all the time and it annoyed the heck out of me.  Thanks for showing how to do your casings because that's exactly how to do the Red Snappers too. 

Archived