Millie shutting "off" but there's power

As I was quilting along the machine acted like it lost power.  Stitch regulator went off, display for stitch length went back to least amount of stitches and both channel locks went on.  I shut the machine off and then back on.  It did it again and I shut it down again.  Then turned it back on and it ran fine.  Quilted 2 queen size quilts with no problems.  Today the exact same thing happened.  Any ideas what is causing this? 

Joann

Check to make sure all your grounds are grounded.

This was happening to me when when I was working from the back of my machine.

Dave Jones was here and discovered my machine was never grounded after my M&M wheels were installed.

It hasn't happened since he rigged me up a temporary ground.

But I've not worked very much from the back either.

I had to get replacement wheels and he will put the forever ground when those are installed.

Joann

Do you have M&M wheels on a pre Bliss table?  If you do did you get a grounding kit from APQS?  That is the type of problem some of us had (not all) in the beginning with the M&M's.  It took the factory a little while to figure out what was going on and how to solve the problem.  That's probably why Meg never had the fix.  

If no M&M's and the plug is in properly try changing the fuse.  It is a long shot but I've seen fuses with a loose contact.  

Do you have any kind of UPS or voltage surge protector?

That's all I have for now.

Nigel

Archived