one stitch button not working

Help! My one stitch button is now giving me multiple stitches ...inconsistently. Sometimes it won't even shut off and I have had to shut my whole machine off just to get my machine to quit stitching! I have cleaned everything, some times it works and most often it goes crazy with stitches...you can imagine the damage this does to the one spot in the quilt!!!! I need to know has this happened to anyone else, or just lucky me , and what can I do???:o

Hi Judy, thanks for your quick reply, I did call Connie and she gave me the step by step...remove covers, find blue pod number 8 and turn gold screw a full turn.... I am going to remove this quilt, ready to turn it anyway, and then roll my sleeves up! Souncs like an easy fix, but I have never had to "go under" the cover before! Just got this Liberty in August and connie says every new machine does this a month or two into it! Wish me luck! Thanks again, Jule;);)

Is the fix the same on the Millennium? I also have this problem and just hadn't dealt with it yet. My thread cutter has not been working either and I didn't know if it was related.

I have considered these inconveniences so I could avoid the need to fix them. After seeing how easy it was to fix my timing problem I'm ready to take on these now. Getting "under the cover" isn't as scary as I thought.

If anyone has any ideas let me know. If not, I'll call Connie. I'm glad you got your working Jule.

Jean,

For thread cutter, you first might want to take the cover plate off and clean out underneath to make sure no dust or thread trapped and preventing the little knife from moving. Be careful when taking the plate, to loose one corner but leave the screw in and then totally remove the opposite corner and swing the plate back out of the way. Go slow and watch where the washers are underneath the plate. I think there are 2 because the plate has to be lifted high enough for the blade to fit under. If it looks clean, then it might be the wiring from the button thru circuitry to the knife. Make sure the handle switch is securely pluged in. If these things don't work, then it is more of a fix probably from Connie or Mark.

As for the one stittch, you take the top front cover off the machine (standing at the front of the machine). On the right side, the left, at the top, you will see a little brass screw. This is the one you turn but just a little. Mine seems to periodically get loose by itself, maybe from vibration. Right to tighten, left to loosen.

Nancy

Duluth, MN

Archived