I am stuck

I have been quilting a sampler quilt with my new quilt path and have beautiful feathered wreaths in all my squares.  I thought I would put a feather border in the sashing around the blocks, put the first top sashing border on, no problem, now I want to do down the sides.  I have been playing for a couple of hours now and cannot figure out how to turn the feathers vertically to fit into my narrow sashing.  HELP, where do I go from here?  Do I have to turn my quilt to accomplish this pattern? :wacko:

I have the demo version of the software and maybe you can do it this way:

On the main screen select Design & Create, then Pattern

After the PatternCAD window opens, in upper left select File, Open Pattern, then select the pattern that you want to stitch.

On the right side of the PatternCAD window click on the Select button, then with left mouse button held down, drag the cursor from just beyond upper left of pattern to lower right of pattern, and all of the nodes on the pattern will show up blue or red.

Then select the Rotate button on the right, and then select 45 degrees twice (or however many degrees you desire) to have the design turn to a vertical position.

Save the pattern and then bring it up in the Select and Sew screen.

I don't know if this will work, but I hope it does!!!  ;)

Hi Dawn and Carmen, thank you for your help.  That does work, but how do I combine two or three pattern designs together to make a longer design?  I have tried it in the pant section but can't seem to get them to rotate to vertical.  Is it me or is this not possible?  I don't want to have to rotate my quilt to accomplish this unless I have to.  Sorry for being such a pain...

I don't have quilt path, but am trying to figure out what you mean. 

Is what you mean is that you want to stitch the pattern/design

around the wreath but not over it?

I'm interested in the answer too.

Rita

Hi Rita,  What I mean...I have blocks with sashing, I want to put a feather border in the sashing, I can do the top and bottom without a problem, but the sides are the problem.  I cannot figure out how to change a "pant" design feather in Quilt Path to the vertical position for the side sashing.  I can change one design as Dawn and Carmen suggested, but I wanted to add two more patterns of the same feather so the design will be denser, not so stretched out.  Does that make sense???  I also see that there is border designing in Quilt Path, but since I already started the sashing doing one row at a time, I would like to finish that way.  I might just have to turn my quilt.  I have only been using Quilt Path for a week so I am still learning.  But then "still learning" is an oxymoron because I learn everyday.  

I still need help from anyone out there that has had this problem.  

Thanks,

Kat

Archived