Hi  I blew a fuse because I got a cloth caught up in the bobbin assembly.  Did we get an extra fuse with our machines?  I haven't had any trouble like this for 6 or 7 years, so of course all my stuff isn't where I remember.  Husband (there isn't anything DEAR about him today) just went to buy a fuse.  Can someone let me know if we're doing the right thing or not.  Thanks in advance for any advice.

Kristie

Kristie 

Welcome to rag in the hook club.  You didn't say which machine you have or where you are.  The machines built in the last dozen years or so have a little drawer that you can pry out after you unplug the cord from the head.  The drawer should have two fuses in it the one you blew and a spare.  If you have a Canadian spec machine it will have another fuse either right beside the power cord or underneath the top cover.  Make sure you get slow blow fuses or they will pop as soon as you start. Fuses are readily available at Radio Shack or the Source in Canada.

Nigel

HEY Nigel!!  Thank you so much.  I have and APQS Freedom born in about 2006?  It hasn't given me hardly any trouble and I  didn't even treat it right the first few years.  But I do now.  I should have known better than to try and wipe the oil off the bottom of the carriage/machine.  I'm overtired and trying to cram as much quilting in as I am getting a new knee at the end of July and I don't want any quilts sitting around here that don't belong to me.  I think my husband got it open and went to the store to buy another.  I guess he didn't see the other one there.  Thanks again for getting back to me so fast.

Hugs Kristie

Archived