Leadergrip installation when canvas doesn't line up

I am finally ready to get quilting again.  My machine is all set up and Freddie sure is beautiful.  The Hydraulic lift is just AWESOME and I love everything about this set up.

I notice however that the Canvases are not the same distance away from the edge of the rollers, and center was not marked at the factory.  The missing center mark is not a problem, but I think the leaders not lining up may be a problem.  I am looking to install my Leadergrips today and wonder if if i am making too much of this.  I seem to have a mental b;lock here and would appreciate your input very much.

Thank you in advance.

I laid my canvas down along the edge of the table and used that as a guide to making a pocket for the leader grips dowel. Is it possible to do something similar to trim away the excess that isn't lining up? In the off chance that they weren't glued to the roller properly I wouldn't see any reason you couldn't trim them so they are straight? Also my leaders weren't marked in the center either, I just used a sharpie to measure mine out after I made the pocket for the dowel. I hope I am understanding your question right...if you can post a picture that might help us see the problem 

When my Lucey was set up for me....the edges of the leaders were just a little off....not equal distance from the frame,  but the important thing is that the center point of all three leaders be marked accurately....I don't think the edges of leaders being even with each other is a critical as where you are centering everything is at that center point....on my old set up...I also marked 5 inches off center so if I had a really big quilt, I could center it in the working part of the frame as I needed 10 inches for parking my old machine to change the bobbins....I had a 10 foot frame...now that I have a 12 foot frame and probably don't even need to ever park my machine to get at the bobbin...life is good :)  Lin

Archived