A customer brought me a civil war quilt made of fabrics she bought on her trip back to Pennsylvania. The name of the pattern is LeMoyne House by Bonnie Blue Quilts. She has an idea about what she wanted in the blank squares -- feathered wreaths. I think I'm going to use my Circle Lord 4.40 inch micro feathers there. The other squares are paper-pieced and each 1/2 square triangle is 1 inch finished, so the piecing is rather small.

My thoughts are to SID around the 6" paper-pieced Lemoynes to separate them from the feathered wreaths. Then SID around the inner first 1 inch of the pp block (the half square triangles sections) to separate that from the center star. Then use my circle templates to curve each section of the Lemoyne stars (not sure what this is called, like a Terry Twist but no twist). I will be feathering the outer quilt border per her request.

Please tell me what you think. Or if you have a better idea (I'm sure mine is not the best!), please share. I'm all ears.

100_4359.JPG

Lynn, CC was the word I couldn't think of. I hate it when that happens ... and it's rather frequent. Thanks for the advice. We haven't talked budget yet but I'm not sure there's going to be room for CC'ing all those little outer triangles, too.

Any other ideas?

Archived