needles

Can any one tell me if these needles will work in the Milli?

Titanium

Box DB-K5 PD For Commercial Machines

Sharp Point, Titanium Finish

Round Shank, Large Eye Select 11/75 12/80 14/90 100 Needles $19.95

Box DB-K5 PD BP For Commercial Machines

Ball Point, Titanium Finish

Round Shank, Large Eye Select 11/75 12/80 14/90 100 Needles $19.95

thanks

Hi Clovis,

I see that you are not getting any replies. You can get some info about needles from SUperior threads education pages:

http://superiorthreads.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=30&Itemid=100

APQS only sells MR4.0 and MR 5.0 I have only used MR3.5 and MR4.0. I know that a MR4 seems to jam and bend less on my machine. The 4.0 has a bigger hole for decorative threads. But when I am quilting Batik, I always use MR3.5

I use sharp needles exclusively. The ball-point needles are more for knits. I never use them, not even for T-shirt quilts.

I'm sure that Titanium is OK in needles for our machines. I would think that there is some sort of standard for the scarf and groove of a needle based on its size. So a 4.0 from Groz-Beckert has the same scarf/groove as a 4.0 from Singer, etc.

I have a chart that I constructed from info on this forum.

Size 14= MR3.0

Size 16= MR3.5

Size 18 = MR4.0

Size 21= MR5.0

Happy quilting

Contact Diamond Needle at www.diamondneedle.com and ask them. I am about 90% sure that they will NOT work in the Milli (since the DB-K5 needles I have do not match the 'MR" needles that we got with our machine). :( They have needles that are an "upgrade" to the "MR series" with a better eye and strength.

John

Archived