NQR - Ott Lights

I have 2 Ott lights that I keep next to my sewing machine. I have had to replace the bulbs and now they won't work. Has anyone had a trick I am missing to make the new bulb work? One the light won't come on and the other one will come on but will blink off and on, very annoying.

Any help you can give will be appreciated.

don't eliminate checking the starter out.    Can't remember how to do it right now, but we've

had one go out.  Replaced it and it works fine.

I love the Ott lights, they help stave off depression, as well as show you what colors

you would see should you take them outside into natural light.  The best part is I can select

fabrics at night when natural light isn't available.

I've not heard one person that gets headaches from the OTT light, either.  Flourescent lights

can and do cause bad headaches.. for me as well as others.

Rita

Thank you everyone. I will look into getting the ballist and I hope that it is easy to replace.

Rita,  maybe they will be able to tell me where the starter is and how to check it. Thanks for making that suggestion. I was going to toss the lights but like you I like the lights and they work so well for my sewing table and cutting table. I bought a clip-on light and it gets hot and it isn't really high enough to help.

Anne, I was going to go to their website first and see what they have. I just haven't done that yet. Hopefully there is a phone number there so I can call. Thanks.

Archived