"Brick & Mortar" store closed, but new adventures ahead!

I don't post on here often as my business and family keep me super busy. But I wanted to throw this out there to the forum.  

After almost 3 years in my "store", I decided to move my business back home and online. I have had my long arm/memory quilt business for almost 5 years now. Overhead was killing me - people find that hard to believe. Sacrifices were made to find the "room" for everything back home, but all in all I know it's worth it.

I have wonderful loyal long arm and memory quilt  customers and seem to always be getting more. I am so thankful for the chance to continue to do what I truly love to do. I'm looking forward to my online store opening soon, but for now I have an Etsy store where I will sell quilt kits.

Here are the links for my latest newsletter and for my Etsy store!

Thank you to everyone for any advice past and future on any topic here. This is a great forum with a wealth of knowledge!

Newsletter link:)

http://eepurl.com/GxLgz

Etsy link:)

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PhoenixRoseQuilts?ref=shop_sugg

Roseann,

Sorry your dream didn't totally work, however, you did meet and make great contacts and will through the Web. 

I live in Houston, and the closest quilt store is 20 mile away.  With the price of gas and at least 45 min 1 way, I am starting to either shop on line or wait patiently for the Houston Quilt Festival every year (this is the most fun). 

I have been researching and trying to decide if I want to open a store or just work out of my home (this is my for choice).  Beings I have worked outside the home the last 35 years.  Sharing your story gives me much to think about. 

Thanks for posting. Good Luck!!!

Thank you for all the encouraging words. I have been so much more at ease since i have been home working full -time. it just may take some time until I can get everything reorganized!!

My sewing room (where I meet customers) is done, my long arm area with the huge custom cutting table my hubby made is reassembled and getting there, my storage room ( heated and air conditioned since we built our house years ago) is getting cleaned out - I now have room for all my store inventory and got half of my garage back. That room will soon be ready to house my Lenni  ( my second long arm machine after it gets shipped out to APQS for a spa treatment).

My online store is slowly coming along, but for now I have kits started on my Etsy store and will continue to add more even when my online store is live. 

The customer quilts I have scheduled to be due before the holidays are getting finished. I actually have more time now than when I was at my store (watching cars go by - waiting for retail customers to come in and wasting time while no one came in). i could only do so much with smaller quilts and t-shirt quilt orders while at the store - a majority of my quilts were done at home on my Millie anyways.

Thanks for again for the encouragement. Feel free to check out my Facebook page and my Etsy page - both under Phoenix Rose Quilts.

Coffee break is over - back to work! Make it a good one!

Archived