Pellon Batting Question

I'm a regional long arm distributor for Pellon and have been for years. I've used many battings throughout my long arming business over the past 5 years and have been very happy with Pellon. I wouldn't invest alot of money in inventory and use it in all of my customer quilts if I wasn't happy with it.

Pellon's 80/20 is softer than Hobb's. It does have a tiny bit less loft but not enough for anyone I use it for including myself to say anything.  The 80/20 without scrim is more like cotton and you have to be careful when using it on the long arm as it can stretch easier ( as "any"  battings without scrim can). I recently used the 80/20 with scrim on the bottom and the poly on the top of an "awesome" show quilt for a customer. I can't wait to see if it gets into some of the bigger shows!

My personal favorite is the 80/20 with scrim - I probably use it on the majority of my customer quilts. I personally use their wool on my quilts though.  There are many big name  quilters who I "know" use this brand and type of batting in their quilts and I wish I could name them, but I can't.

The Pellon batting that Joann's sells does come from the same factory but is made to "Joann's specifications". I also know this personally having helped and worked closely in Pellon's booth the past few years. 

You want to find the closet regional long arm distributor for Pellon. I'm  a distributor for PA and although I could ship things to you, it's more beneficial to find someone closer.

Go to Pellon's website  http://www.pellonprojects.com/  and call their customer service number and they will tell you where and how to contact the closet one.

Hope that helps you. If you have any other questions, let me know - I do know about battings and am still learning.

I may try some Pellon and some 70/30 quilters dream as well.  I compared my Hobbs with an old piece of Hobbs I had put back from several years ago.  They were different for sure.  It has been my go-to batting and I will probably continue to use it as it does hold up well.  Just wish it was like days of old.

Sylvia,

Here is another thought for you.

If you don't want to invest in an entire roll or 9 yard board of Pellon from a local distributor, let me know. I can cut off a few yards of the 80/20 and ship it to you.  It shouldn't be that much to ship and my pellon Prices are reasonable per yard. That way you can try it out to see if you like it.

Let me know.

Archived