Looking for way to hang quilts for pics

I think Linda Rech had a quick way to do this but I can't find the pic. Linda, if you're out there, can you help me out, please? I don't know if I need pulleys or not. I think I have everything I need, just don't know how to put it together. TIA

P.S. Since I'm logged in already (for the last week) I figured I might as well ask some questions.

Flickr photos of hanging system made by Denny.

You need 5 eye bolts, a one-by-two at least 8 feet long (10' would be better if it fits in your room), a length of soft rope, and a gadget to wind the rope on.

Find a rafter and screw in two eye bolts about six feet apart. Attach two more the same distance apart on the narrow edge of the 1X2. Attach the winder thingie (technical term) to an adjacent wall and another eye bolt above it at the same level as the 1X2. Thread the rope as shown in the photos, bring the two ropes together and knot the end. Attach the quilt with pony clamps (Harbor Freight). Raise and lower with the ropes and wind to keep at the level you need. Happily, my set-up is under a light fixture. If I had it to do again, I'd move the light out a bit so there isn't as much glare and you get nice shadows on the quilting. Scroll both ways to see the three photos.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/larech/10735340246/

Archived