Hobbs Batting in Texas

JBQuilts

Janice,

When I was living in Texas, I bought my machine from a lady who would get her batting from Hobbs. I believe they only sell wholesale, and customers only need resale number to qualify for purchases in four-carton/roll minimums.... as per their website.

They do however have a charity program where.......

" you have 2 different battings to choose from at a discounted price. One is a 80/20 Blend 96” x 30 yrd Roll priced at $74.70/roll or 100% Polyester 96” x 30 yrd Roll priced at $29.10/roll. Please choose which you prefer on the order form. Postal fees will also be added to the order. To qualify to order “Charitable Batting” from Hobbs Bonded Fibers the quilt guild collects UPC labels from Hobbs packaged batting and send in the completed charity order form with five labels per roll of

batting ordered. Limit two rolls per order."

Thanks James.  I have looked at their website.  Since I was going to be there I wanted to get the wool to see if it 's something I would like to pay very high shipping on in the future.  If I can get anything locally (without paying shipping) I like to do that first.  I haven't found their wool locally. And since I'm not a charity or guild that doesn't apply and they don't offer the wool in that scenario.

You said the lady you bought your machine from bought from them.  Was that directly from Hobbs locally or from some other outlet?  If I can buy directly, as in pick up, from them(wholesale) while I'm there, that would work.

Thanks, James.  I'll make sure I'm there during business hours and see what happens.  I'll also try to get it on my way instead of on my way back to make sure I have room. :D    I know what you mean about the good stuff. B)

Janice; I was correct about her getting it in Waco. This is a 60 yard roll.

10893643916_a4a7ea33bd.jpg

Untitled by jandcembroidery, on Flickr

10893777813_313a52c6b0.jpg

Untitled by jandcembroidery, on Flickr

• 2 months later...

Archived