Great way to get 50 gigs of free cloud storage for digital patterns, etc

I use and love Dropbox to protect all the $$$ I've spent on digital quilting patterns for my IQ and my Quilt Path. I also use it to protect all the embroidery patterns I've started acquiring. You can read more about how I use Dropbox to store/backup my files in a post I made here.

There is a different service that is similar to Dropbox called Box. The biggest difference is that it doesn't keep a folder on your computer that it syncs between all of your computers like Dropbox (that syncing business is a fantastic feature, BTW). However, if you have zip files of your patterns that you don't access as often and you are bumping your head on the amount of free memory you can get from Dropbox, consider signing up for an account with Box.com with the offer they've got going.

Right now, you can get 50 gigs free if you put the box app on your iphone or ipad and then sign in with your box account on the iphone or ipad. 

50 gigs FREE! Can you believe that... FIFTY GIGS!!!

You can read more about the offer over on their blog. This is a great way to get a lot of free cloud storage for redundant backups of your $$ digital files. (I'm not affiliated with either company in any way.)

Of course, you always want to have a backup routine for your computer. I'm a Mac girl so I use their Time Machine feature with an external hard drive. However, I also back up my digital patterns with Dropbox just to be double sure I'm covered. 

Hi Angela,

Thanks for the info. Will pop over and have a look. I also use Dropbox for my digital and embroidery files. Love the way it syncs between my ipad and IMac. Definatelly recommend it.

I love being able to save my files to a cloud service, because even with my Time machine and external hard drives you just never know when something might fail.

Thanks Angela! I use Dropbox, too. My work often requires sending very large files back and forth with consultants, and our email just won't handle it. Dropbox is a wonderful way of getting those file to the people who need them, quickly and easily. I'm going to go check out Box right now. :)

Archived