How do you that have SideSaddle Pro~~~~

I don't have the Pro.  I bought mine before they came out with the Pro.  I like mine.  It works like it's suppose to.  It is very user friendly and you can't beat the price (under $6000 5 or 6 years ago).  I want to Bliss my machine this year and no one has been able to tell me if it is doable with the SS.  My only inconvenience is I have to take the SS piece off the bottom of my machine in order to use my CL boards because there isn't quite enough space to clear the boards.  This is fixable I'm sure by just raising the height of my machine ½" or less, but I haven't done it yet because taking the SS piece off isn't hard nor time consuming, just inconvenient.  Jennifer is very smart with the SS and even with her living on the east coast and me on the west coast I have always been able to reach her.  There is a representative in southern CA, Mary, who is very knowledgeable too.  I don't recall where Sue is located. 

SS recently came out with a DVD and new manual and although I haven't had a chance to watch the whole thing it is just full of useful info.  It wasn't cheap ($150), but has been worth it so far.  Every other computer system I looked at was VERY expensive so I thought this would be a good jumping in price.  I haven't regretted it.

I have the Side Saddle Pro, and love it.. it does as much as the Q Path, plus a couple more features that I can't

recall right now.   You can join diff patterns, twist or cut in half or into quarters, etc.  just a ball, and comes with

a butt-load of designs.. also as Oma mentioned, they came out with the workbook and DVD tutorial and I

think it was well worth the price.  

While the side saddle is easy to use with everyday language, the tutorial made it even easier to do advanced

things.  Cut patterns for diff sizes, outline applique or other designs to quilt the background in that block or section,

and fun to spend hours looking at various sites for other patterns..   It will also use the formats of ssd,  txt,  qli,  cqp,

and some dxf, which can be troublesome as some are just not right. 

19 companies with digitized patterns donated to the Side Saddle, one donated over 60 designs..

I love it, and it lets me keep quilting.

Rita

Archived