having problem with my Freedom

I have a APQS  freedom and having a problem with it... hoping I can get some advise.... It seems to act up after I have turned on the glide.... it stiches good(and no problems with her sewing) but every now and again the needle will have a jerky-ness about it... like it doesn't have a good connection... I have checked all connection and they are fine.... Even after I have everything off (except the power) it sounds like it miss-fires... it is pretty loud and the needle goes down on it own.. but only half way...  Then I can shut my machine off... and come back to it the next day (with the glide off) and she seems fine.... When she is acting up I am afraid to change the bobbin as I just don't know when she will miss-fire.... as I call it..... I have never changed the needle position and need to as it is too slow for me now... I don't know if this might have anything to do with it or not... but will be working on it tomorrow... didn't want to do anything these last couple days as I had a quilt to finish and didn't want any surprises that I couldn't finish the quilt... as she sews fine... just has this little problem that I want to fix... as I like to use my glide to do detail work.... love that little stuff....

appreciate any advise on this.... will probably call APQS help in the next few days if I don't get her fixed.... I had a talk with her today and hope she just had a bad day....

Thanks everyone in advance for your help

Sue

Sue,

Give us a call on Monday and we can check on a few things with you. Ask for the service team. It could be a grounding issue--for some reason this year has been a particularly annoying year for static build up that can cause electrical issues. Your system should already have several grounding mechanisms in place, but we can review those with you. It's also possible that we need a new part called a Crydom or that we need to add a part to the Crydom. But we'll know better when you call in and we can do some diagnostics with you. Thanks!

Archived