Feathers

Polly: I love feathers . . all kinds. I don't know what judges prefer. My favorite method is to figure the repeat/depth for the spine, draw that with chalk or washable marker. Then I decide how far out I want the feathers to go (depth) and make a dashed line at that point. Then I just make the feathers!

Hopefully someone will have some better comments on what judges are looking for.

Guest Linda S

but I'm just so excited that I can finally make feathers! I tried for the longest time to make them and came out with the most ugly looking bumps on a stick! :P Something suddenly clicked a few weeks ago and I can now do them. Regular feathers, ferny feathers, feathers with the "molar" leaves on them, etc. It seems I'm drawing feathers everywhere now, just because I can!! I love 'em now!

Linda

I had my feather epiphany a month or so ago! Now, I'm looking for places to do feathers!

Here is my first customer quilt where I am free to explore my feathers, and in a bright varigated no less! I really had fun with this one.

The secret to feathers (other than Practice Practice Practice) is a Magna Doodle! Also, I 'slowed down' . After figuring out I didn't need to break any speed records, I got a whole lot better!

post--13461897606687_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived