Robotics on a Freddie

I went with Intelliquilter because at the time there were only two choices, the other being Compuquilter.  I started by looking for a preowned unit and the only ones I could find were Compuquilter and most of those owners were changing over to IQ's so I took this as a recommendation for IQ.  Compuquilter has since ceased business.  There is an IQ yahoo forum that is very active and many ideas come from the members that get put into future updates,  We seem to get software updates a couple of times a year (no charge).  http://www.iqdemos.com/ shows some of the capabilities of IQ. 

I have only seen the APQS Quiltpath for a very short demo so I can't really give a fair comparison but the competition will only make the systems better for all.

Try and spend some time with the available systems and see the differences.  Also where are you?  I think most of us are proud of our equipment and would be happy to show it off.

Nigel

I also have an Intelliquilter.  I wouldn't really consider anything else.  At the time I was looking, there was the Compuquilter, but I wanted something that was directly on the machine head, not something I would have to go to the end of the table to use.  Quilt Path is an option.  Most of what I have heard about it is more problem-based, but perhaps someone who has it and loves it can give you much better information.  Intelliquilter is built on a Linux platform, which is very stable.  Quilt Path is Windows-based, which can have it's advantages as far as compatibility, but in my experience, Windows is a crash-based program.  That's why my main computer at home is a Mac.  

Just my opinion.  I've had my Intelliquilter for nearly three years now and you'd have to pry it out of my cold dead fingers to take it away from me.  It is simply awesome.

I ordered my IQ 5 weeks ago!  I went with IQ for a number of reasons.  They are a well established company in the computer guided quilting industry and offer excellent customer support.  IQ owners seem to love their systems and you don't see anyone selling the IQ to go to another system.

Archived