Hi all,  I am on the verge of plunging into a Millie, but have a few  questions on some specs that I am not sure which way to go on. The first is the controversial L or M bobbin.  Which do you have and why did you choose that size?  I had a handi quilter that had the M big bobbin, which I really loved.  I could load it with Bottom Line thread and quilt forever.  But am I compromising the beauty of the stitch?

And the second item I am considering is the Quilt Path.  Is it worth the investment?  Or should I first get to know the machine then purchase it later?  Do you need a separate program on your computer to get patterns off line?  or to design your own?  

Any advice you could give would be wonderful!!  And Thanks in advance for your in put.

I have a millie but have the regular L bobbin, she does make beautiful stitches so I can't help with the M bobbin.  I also don't have a computer, just hand guide everything so sorry that I am no help there either.  But I do know you won't be sorry that you go with a Millie, very easy to use, easy to work on IF you should have any issues and the support you will get from both this forum and APQS can't be beat!

If you are unsure about the bobbin size and you are used to using a "M" then you might want to order the "M".  Remember, if you have an "M" you can also use the "L" size bobbins.  If you are considering the Quilt Path and already have acquired to skills to do free motion while working with your Handiquilter I would go for it!!!  I love my computerized machines.  I do a great deal of my custom quilting by doing free motion but I LOVE the ability to use the computerized system to do the panto work.  I also like the computer for borders and easily putting a motif in a block.  Personally I always use free motion for background fills.

You will LOVE your new Millie and also Quilt Path.  You can't go wrong with both!!

Archived