clorox 2 issues

I washed a quilt that I own that was pretreated with clorox2. There was a stain on the front of the quilt that I wanted to remove. Well the stain is gone but it looks like the clorox 2 settled into the quilting thread and changed the color of the thread from tan to purple!

I tried soaking and everything to get the purple out. Nothing works.

Where it really shows up is on the back of the quilt which is cream and tan. The purple is not part of the stain which was brown.

This only shows up in one place but now that I'm looking closely, I see small sections that have a tinge of purple but paler and only on the tan thread.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Hi Anne,

There should be a phone number on the clorox2. Perhaps you can call and ask them what to do. If you have any scraps left over, use those to test any solutions they can suggest you do. I've never used clorox or clorox2 on my quilts, so have no experience with it. What I do use is a product called resolve or another called biz. Both can be found in the laundry isle. 

Are you asking if the purple can be removed?  This answer is probably no.  When colors "change" it is because the product attacked only the most unstable color.  It probably removed part of the color combination that make the thread tan and you are left with one of the more stable colors.  Sorry.  We did all these tests in college and it was so very interesting but not-so-much when it is your quilt!  I'd sure call and complain.

Archived