"Leader/enders"

Hey, Shana (and anybody who does this),

While looking for something I don't know what just now online I tripped over this website, explaining why a quilter uses fabric scraps to start and end her chain stitching. I remember you told me you do that, Shana, and so I thought of you. Where do your beginning and ending scraps end up? Here's what this quilter does with hers:

http://quiltville.com/leadersenders.shtml

What a neat idea! if I could only keep the "leader/enders" straight from the pieces I'm actually working on, LOL!

Off now to shower then create design for photo quilt. I finally got some photos, and are the children gorgeous, yessir! It's SO inspiring to me as a quilter to see them, and so I must be working today. Being sick is the pits, but I've sure picked up a whole lot of ideas and good advice here while I've been laying low. Getting better now and on to the BIG PROJECT at last!

Can't wait to see what you all do!

Patty, the little scrap pieces of fabric that I use for starting and ending my chain stitching end up in the trash can when I'm done with them. I use them over and over and over again until they are filled with thread and in the trash they go! I don't think I would want to incorporate mine into a quilt -- they look pretty knarly and covered with threads after they've been stitched through about 30 times each! LOL!!

Thanks for posting the site, the quilts are extraordinary! I was reading it out loud to my business partner while scrolling and we laughed all the way thru it!!

However, it brings up a question:

Where are the leader/enders for the leader/enders - And if you need leader/enders for the leader/enders, where does it ender??

wow, that's cool. I use a scrap piece of fabric but this is so much more efficent for sure! I never thought of that.

It would be nice to just be able to piece a quilt at this point! I upgraded last year to my Greenie and my quilt making has gone down hill :(.... I do hope to be better this year........................

Tish:cool::P:)

Archived