Bobbin Genie

What is a Bobbin Genie....I couldn't find anything regarding it on the internet. What was it used for? And who makes it? You have my interest peaked now....:)

As far as thread silicon....there are several distributors, and they are all similar in looks and feel of "Sewers Aid", and in fact they all may be made by the same manufacture. Earlier this week someone supplied this link to where we can buy large quanities of thread silicon.... http://www.southstarsupply.com. Can't wait for my supply to get here. I go through so many of the little bottles, this is the only way to really go.

Bonnie,

Today my longarm guild had Sharon Schamber for a speaker (yippee!!), and she has a teflon thingy that you put in your bobbin case to eleminate static which causes tension problem and thread breaking. She said you can use it in any machine - domestic and longarm....I'm wondering if anyone has tried it. I know that Sherry Rogers mentioned it in a previous post, but don't know how it worked for her.

Sharon also had a web site ad for gallon jugs of silicon that she dunks her spools in...just wondered if that is over kill and will it hurt our machines.

By the way...she was fun!

No I don't think its over kill....the reason I go through so many bottles in a month is that I pop off the little pointy thing and pour out three very thick steams up and down my spool of thread....so it would be the same as dunking it.....as far as will it be harmful with our machines. No, I wouldn't think so, as long as you do regular maintence and keep your machine clean. The silicon will keep the lint to a very min so that is a big help in that area as well. Not sure I will dunk my spools when I get my new supply, but I more than likely will use a brush so that I can brush a thick layer on it and apply again when needed. I don't sew 18 hours days anymore so I will only apply when its needed.:D

Will keep a look out for the Bobbin Genie....static isn't a good thing right now....was even thinking of soaking the bobbin thread with Sewers Aid.

You can buy the Bobbin Genie's from Sharons web site http://www.sharonschamber.com they are $10 a dozen. I use them in both my millie and my viking and my bernina and have done so for 2 years. I also have "dunked" all of my thread for 2 years now and I rarely have thread breakage.

Sharon is one of the best teachers. She shares her techniques and her resources freely. I can't wait to take another one of her classes next month in Calif!

Raquel

Sharon is very free with sharing her knowledge, which is nice to get free information. Also, since I am a member of the guild, the meeting was free and she spoke and gave a small demo. There was a class afterward that did cost a small fee but I had to get to work so was unable to attend. Wow, is she full of information. And she glues a lot of stuff together....I just wonder what it will look like 20 years from now!?

Archived