Vacuum Cleaner for LA

Do any of you know where I can get a really good vacuum for cleaning the longarm and my sewing machine. I know they make little vacuums for this purpose but I haven't been able to find one. My DH did buy me one at Staples for computers ($30) but it didn't have very strong suction. I'd like one with a long skinny hose or nozzle that will get in all the nooks and crannies.

If any of you has found one that really works great please let me know. It would make my machines so much happier.

Thank you.

I personally use the air compressor to blow out all the lint from my longarm, works much better than trying to vacuum and just a small can of air for my domestic. I suck way too many thing up in a vacuum that I don't mean too and then I have to dig thru all the dirt, ugh!

I purchased a small air compressor from Home Depot for $100 and it sits under my LA and the machime gets blown out after every quilt.:D

Hester

My swifter duster post was supposed to have been here but I guess I put it in the wrong place. Anyway, I use the swifter duster to keep my machine cleen on the outside and around the table (legs, bars, etc.). I used canned air to blow out around the bobbin case.

I hate getting the vacuum out but I do have a little hand held Shark. For me, the swifter duster works better.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I finally bought a small compressor ($89 at OSH) and it works great blowing out the dust & thread on my LA. I got canned air for my DSM. And Judy, you were right! The swifter works wonders on the outside areas. I'm happy to report that both machines are now so clean they sparkle. Wish I could say that about the rest of my house . . . oh well!

Thank you all for your input.

Archived