Be careful cleaning your bobbin area.

I have had two calls in one week from ladies who got a rag too close to their hook assembly while cleaning it with WD40.

The cloth got wrapped up in the hook assembly while it was spinning. The best thing to do is put a trash can underneath the head, spray and let it drip while it is spinning. Stay away from the area until you stop the motor. Then blow it out with air and wipe it with a paper towel.

When the cloth gets wrapped up, the machine stops and blows a safety fuse.

Next to your on off switch is a little black box. In the box is the fuse you have to replace and an extra fuse attached to the lid. You can buy the fuses at Radio Shack.

It's an easy fix. But it's scary when it happens to you because you think you killed your machine.

Both ladies removed the cloth, replaced the fuse and the machines were back to normal. No timing was needed.

One lady left me a message saying she had killed George and didn't know what to do.

How funny is that!

When not in use, I park my machine over a cleanable surface because there is oil drip from time to time. I just put a drop in there at the end of the day and manually move the wheel for lubrication. I don't even have the machine on because I don't want anything to get caught. I also leave my bobbin out over night so the thread doesn't pick up any oil.

Good suggestions JoAnn. I'll remember Radio Shack for fuses.

Vicki

Hi Joann,

Thank you for posting this...I about jumped out of my shoes (okay slippers), when I did this...I didn't blow a fuse, (at least on the machine), but I thoroughly scared myself! I am sorry it has happened to others, but at the same time I don't feel so "bad" about it knowing I am not the only one!

I will admit it took a bit of time unraveling that darned rag though!

Karen Burns

Carnation, Washington

Archived